Sunday, February 2, 2014

Giving and Receiving

I am really appreciating the kudos from my teammates and boyfriend when I play. 

Although I am a good player, I still love accolades. 

And it pumps me up!

They appreciate a good run or shot and they say something verbally about it.  They don't take me for granted and they are watching my games and being super supportive!  In tournaments and in leagues.

It really, really, really pumps me up. 

And I have noticed my teammates' kudos more and more recently for some reason. I don't know if it's because of the people I'm surrounded with or what, but I don't recall this before.  Oh wait, maybe I didn't play well enough before to get shout outs, lol!

As for me, I admit I'm apprehensive about saying "good shot" too loud because I think it's kinda rude to the other team or the opponent. 

But, I've decided I want to start being more vocal!

I have always said good shot when the shot was exceptional, or during big team events I'm obviously a good cheerleader.  But because I see how amazing the support feels on a little 'ole league night, I am going to start reciprocating and be more vocal with my friends.

It makes me feel amazing and my friends deserve recognition for great shots.  Time to stop being too cordial and instead more supportive.
 



No comments: