Thursday, December 3, 2009

Mosconi Cup Here I Come!

I live by the philosophy (sometimes too much) that life is too short - therefore, if you have the opportunity to do something, do it! Well, I decided at the last minute (literally a week before the event) to book a flight and head to the Mosconi Cup!

It will be my first time at a Mosconi Cup. It happens to be held this year in my favorite city - LAS VEGAS!

Two of my girlfriends asked me to go to the Mosconi Cup many months ago. I decided back then I shouldn't go b/c I was going to save my money for a trip to Vegas in Feb that I am going for my Birthday. Well, one of my friends had to back out and that left one girlfriend going by herself and that's when I said, "WTH, let me check it out." I was able to book a flight using miles on American Airlines so the flight was only $5 and then I was able to get a good deal on a room from another girlfriend. So, now I am going!!

I am super excited to go. It's being held at the MGM December 10-13th.

Hopefully I will have lots of stories and photos to share after (or maybe during if I take my laptop).

Btw, if you don't know what the Mosconi Cup is, it's kinda like the Ryder Cup of Pool. From the website:

The prestigious pool event pits the best American players against the
leading European competitors and will be again staged
at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

This December, the annual Mosconi Cup returns to the states as
Team USA attempt to win the Mosconi Cup
for the first time outright since 2005.


Team USA:
  • Dennis Hatch,
  • Oscar Dominguez,
  • Corey Deuel,
  • Shane Van Boening and
  • Johnny Archer.
  • Captain: Nick Varner
Team Europe:
  • Mike Immonen,
  • Niels Feijen,
  • Ralf Souquet,
  • Thorsten Hohmann and
  • Darren Appleton.
  • Captain: Alex Lely.

Lost Wages, errr, Mosconi Cup here I come!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lucky . . . you get to go to vegas . . .