Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Inspiring Key Chain

I was severely bummed when I learned my boyfriend couldn't go to Vegas this year. I like to experience life with him and knew it would be tough for me without him in Vegas.

He has this saying he tells me all the time when I am playing that helps me out a lot, even more than the usual "Come on Melinda" type of comments that people say to inspire us during matches.

He tells me: "You Got This."

For whatever reason, it lights a fire under my belly and sparks my mental toughness to be strong.  That saying from him has helped me on so many occasions when I'm in the middle of a match.  I can't explain why those exact words mean so much to me, but they just ignite my passion and desire to play good.  I guess it's a positive affirmation from him - like, he really believes in me, which of course is always helpful when one is in a match.

When we found out he couldn't join me in Vegas, he engraved for me a key chain with the words "You got This." !

Here is a pic of it.  I hooked it on my jeans or black pants and kept it near me during every single match I had in Vegas!  I now have it hooked on my purse and it's with me everywhere I go.  :)




No comments: