Monday, May 9, 2011

Advice from Phil Capelle

Phil Capelle, one of the leading industry's pool authors, gives applicable and amazing advice in his many pool books.  But to get advice directly from him makes me feel special and all warm and fuzzy!

We became friends about ten years ago because he needed a webmaster and our talks on the phone almost always lead to a good mental toughness session from him!

We talked just last week and he asked me if I was prepared for Vegas.  I told him I felt prepared about my skills and knowledge of 8ball, but I was concerned about my ability to be mentally focused for each shot (as I wrote about last week).

We talked some more about why I miss and as usual, the talk was superb and very helpful.  He's my own little mental pool psychologist!  :)

Then on Friday he sent me this email.  Short, to the point, helpful and sweet:

Hi Melinda,

Thank you for updating my site!

My advice for Las Vegas: play with passion, play for the joy of executing well, play smart, and play to win!

I wish you the best,

Phil 

I feel blessed to get advice directly from Phil himself.  He has helped me with so many facets of my game, that I wanted to share with you his latest advice to me.

Thank you, Phil!

No comments: