I think it's not difficult to figure out my favorite Pool Mecca is the BCAPL 8Ball Nationals in Vegas every year in May. I believe I have been going there since 1995 - 16 years straight!
I love every single thing about it:
- I actually like the Riv! Familiarity is my friend.
- I love Katy's - awesome food choices and late night breakfast specials
- All the different events keep me going every single year!
- Seeing friends from all across the world in one place.
- Watching the pros play along side the amateurs
- Trying to earn the titles in the different events is exhilarating.
- Being able to watch and support my friends play in matches for ten days.
- Las Vegas is my favorite city, so it's an extra added bonus this huge tourney is hosted there.
- The BCAPL run a good tournament - from online brackets to on-time matches. It's a well oiled machine, my friend.
The one Pool Mecca I have yet to see in person is Derby. I hear it's awesome! I heard it was better at the previous casino, but I still keep hearing it's the place to visit to watch good tourney matches and good action matches.
Visit other PoolSynergy blogs and see what their Pool Meccas are and why!