Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Stress Management

With 8 days til I leave for Vegas, Stress is setting in.  Not only do I have everything in the world to get done and do before I go, I also need to get in my last straight pool season matches.  I checked my list of who was left to play and there were five (5) empty slots on my sheet.

FIVE.

Doesn't sound like much, huh?

But let's figure this out:

When I started to make calls Monday to set up the matches, here is my schedule:

Monday - too tired to play after work
Tuesday - an APA league fills up the 8 tables at the pool room so I can't play this night
Wednesday - I am available after work to play
Thursday - I go see Kidd Rock in concert
Friday - I go to see the Mavs versus the Lakers in person in Dallas
Saturday - I would have time in the evening, even tho there's an 8ball tourney I should play in
Sunday - Mother's Day
Monday - I have time after work
Tuesday - last night in town before I leave so I can't play this night
Wednesday - heading to Vegas.

I am in Vegas from May 11-May 22.

When I get back , I will have one week to play the rest of my matches.  From experience, I know I'm going to be dog-dead tired and wont be worth a hoot to play straight pool.  Not only that, I have three doc appts for Mom in the late afternoons when I get back.



If I don't play my matches by the end of May, I will have to take forfeits which will affect my rankings for the season!

Further, I really WANT to play all the matches BEFORE I go to Vegas because Straight Pool will help me prepare for all the 8ball matches in Vegas.  It's a smart, sly, preparation for BCAPL Nationals to play a lot of straight pool.

So I call the 5 opponents.
  • Turns out one of them was on my list by accident and wasn't in the league this season.  Whew.
  • Another one is forfeiting out of the rest of the season b/c he can't get all his games in this month (he had only time to play three matches since Jan).
  • Two I get set up for Wednesday,  Two in one night will be tough, but do-able.
  • The third I am still trying to get a hold of.
So - my stress went WAY down.  5 turns into 3, and with 2 planned for Wednesday, I have only one left.  I could feasibly play him after I get back from Vegas if I can't find time before hand.

Whew!

Stress management works in mysterious ways.  :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Trigger, can you send me a team photo? I asked Ash, just wanted to make sure she relayed the message to you.

Melinda said...

Of course!

Melinda said...

Of course!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.