Monday, April 19, 2010

First Ladies Tour Stop

3rd place winner, Amanda Lampert!

I was super excited that the first stop of the year of the OB Cues Ladies Tour was hosted by Rusty's Billiards - just 10-15 minutes from my house. Ah... it's so awesome to be THAT close to a weekend tourney. :)

I got a bye and then played Michelle Ram on the stream table. In the very first game, I shot the 7 and 8 well to get good on the 9 ball. Even though the cue landed on the rail, I remembered to be level. But, I missed it anyway. This match would prove to be a recurring nightmare for me for the next few months.

I then missed so many shots throughout the match and I therefore got embarrassed, so my arms became wobbly and I couldn't play well. I made comments out loud to Michelle how bad I was playing, even though I shouldn't have, I know, but I was so sick for missing so many shots; missing so many opportunities; not putting up a better fight. I didn't mentally fight what was going on in my head and therefore just faltered- she got me down 0-5. I somehow clawed my way back to 4-6 but Michelle is a closer, though, and finished me off well. Watching the video just now to share the correct score for this blog entry, it's painfully obvious to me not staying down continues to be my biggest flaw; my biggest obstacle. But, as most know, while having negative emotions does not bode well for mechanics if they aren't sound. :(

Great photo by Shayla!

Rebecca stayed with me for the weekend and we talked about my play as she was struggling with her own demons in her matches. We reminded each other to simply try and "stay down."

I overcame that match somehow and I went on to win against Deanna, Corina, and Connie. They were all fun matches with great opponents/friends. I then played against my good friend Shayla and it's always tough to play her because we are such good friends. We don't chat at all during our matches and that night was no exception.

The difference in this match was - we finally BOTH played good! Usually only one of us shows up but this night we both showed up! If one of us missed, the other would get out well - we enjoyed the match! Even though I lost 7-6 or 7-5 it was a great match for both of us.

So, I placed 13th out of 48. Not too too bad for losing my first match AND having such a rough start.

Tourney description: Tough

Rebecca and I stayed at Rusty's and had a few drinks and hung out with friends before finally going home.

Rebecca and I

Helen, me and Angela (2nd place finisher!)

I debated on whether to play in the Second Chance tournament but forced myself to go. I am glad I did. I played pretty good all day and placed 2nd! Yay! The short races are tough to fade and I had to come through the one-loss side after losing my 2nd or 3rd match but it felt good to play well. Monica won the Second Chance event - you go girl!

I then had a great dinner at the Japanese Steak House with Shane, Viet My, Amanda and Jennifer. It was a great way to end the weekend!

Jenn, Shane, me, Viet My, and Amanda

1 comment:

p00lriah. said...

wow, you get really low on the shot, ms. bailey. it's not good or bad; just an observation.