Monday, October 21, 2013

The Way You Carry Yourself

People have told me I am like this - I carry myself well around the table AND after a match whether I win or lose.  This is a huge compliment imo!

"Sportsmanship for me is when a guy walks off the court and you really can't tell whether he won or lost, when he carries himself with pride either way." - Jim Courier

Takes a lot not to show emotion verbally or in body language, and to be gracious at all times (even when inside you might be really upset at a loss, your play, or how your opponent acts).

But, so many people have told me they love the way I carry myself, it makes me want to even MORE be that person!

Some friends and acquaintances have even told me it helps THEM try to be better at not showing too much negative emotion or upset body language.  It's weird to think my demeanor is helping others, but it's pretty cool to hear that!

I still have my little hiccups, but overall, I think it's important to try to be gracious and a good sport at all times, no matter the circumstances during and after a match.


No comments: