Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Etiquette Foul

Last night I played in my Double Foul 9-Ball League and I had to play a new player first round.

She doesn't even know how to bridge her cue yet, but could make about every 3rd or 4th ball. 

She also didn't know the rules, so her Captain was helping her during our match (and subsequent matches).  No one minded - we were all newbies once.

Now granted, Double Foul 9ball is different than regular 9ball rules, so I can understand why her captain had to sit next to her and explain some of the rules of calling fouls on yourself and when to drop balls, etc.

However, one thing REALLY impressed me.

At one point, I was shooting the 7ball into the corner, and she was standing at the end of the table.  Not near the table at all, but in my line of site.  However, I didn't notice her (I try not to let things like that get to me), but more so she was far enough away AND not moving around so I was just on my little run, minding my own business.

As I'm stroking for the 7ball, he tells her, "move from out of her shot, that's considered a foul."

She apologized softly, "sorry" as she scooted out of the way.

I was thinking to myself, What?  Really?  NO WAY!

I am new to the league and so do not know ALL the rules yet, but if this really is a rule, man that would be an awesome "official" rule at so many other tourneys where this is an issue!!


No comments: