Thursday, October 17, 2013

Shaking

I was watching one of the late round matches on Sunday at the Omega Billiards Tour here in the Dallas-Fort Worth area two weekends ago.  It was a close match, and for 5th place at least.  Both players were very strong players and it was a treat to witness.

At one point, one if the players makes a fantastic out!  He then moves his coin and the score is now 5-5.  He had been down 5-3 before making this little comeback to tie it up. 

It was a crucial win.

He then racked and I noticed that his hands were shaking a little.

I turned to a friend sitting next to me and whispered, "he's shaking.  I guess he's nervous."

His retorted, "I don't think he's nervous, I think he's excited."

WOW - what a perspective!  I honestly hadn't thought of it that way!

It makes total sense, too, because they are top players and *shouldn't* be nervous, really.  I mean, I know everyone has some nerves, but you know what I mean.

And it makes sense it would be more adrenaline and/or excitement.

I love different perspectives like this!


No comments: