Friday, March 18, 2011

Two Straight Pool Matches in One Night

Showed up Monday for a straight pool match.  It was suppose to be one of those "easy" wins.  Right before we started, a fellow straight pool member asked if we could play our own match after the one I was about to start.  I thought to myself, "I shouldn't be too tired; sure, I'll play him."

This may seem like nothing:  Racing to 100 points two times in one evening.

Well, after a long day at work, it could turn into a nightmare.

But more importantly, if either of my opponents were tough, seasoned, and deliberate, I would have said no to the second one.  In a heartbeat!  It's too tough to capture two wins in one evening if both matches are tough.  But I knew these two matches wouldn't take too long or take a lot of mental energy out of me.

In the first match against The Professor (I will call him), I won 100-52 in 34 innings.  I had a high run of 17 and won pretty easily.  He always likes to show me shots before he shoots or even after I shoot while I'm still at the table.  He means well, but I heard after our match he annoys people with his "professor" like manner.  Me, I love to learn - bring it on!

In the second match of the evening, I play "Taiwan" (I will call him).  There is a guy sitting near our match that bothers Taiwan (he would confess later), otherwise I think the score would have been closer.  The guy would talk to me about my shots - when I was at the table or in my seat.  He shouldn't have been talking to me during a match, especially to give advice while I'm playing a league match. 

I noticed I had good runs during the entire match - 13 (on my first shot at the table), then 12, 13, 10, 11.

Then I got SO dang excited because I was almost about to win my first match in 25 innings!  What does this mean?  Nothing really.  lol.  It means I just don't go to the right side of the score sheet, lol.  But!  It would have been a first for me.  On inning 23 I'm sitting on 94 points.  I try WAY too hard to get only 6 more balls, and only get 2, lol, then only 1.  Ugh.  I actually win 100-53 in inning 26.  ALMOST in 25!  hehe.

I'm halfway through this Spring's Straight Pool Season.  5 wins, 2 losses.  8 more peeps to play.  2 of the 8 will be super tough, 2 I need to still focus with, the other 4 I still wont underestimate them.

No comments: