Wednesday, November 10, 2010

What Are the Ranking Chances?

I have alluded that my Mom hasn't been doing well in a few blog entries.  This week is the 6th week of a long set of in and out hospital stays for her.  Well, her advanced emphysema and heart disease has forced her back in the hospital this week.  :(

I therefore wont even fathom going to the OB Cues Ladies tourney this weekend.  The Season Finale (I like to call it that - kind of like a cool tv show!) is this weekend at Casper's Billiards.  Watch the stream and follow my/your friends!

In the meantime, I couldn't help but notice the rankings today while I put in a few hours at work.  I am currently ranked 7th.  I am quite proud of my top ten ranking (yet again), but I wonder if by the end of the tourney this weekend I will still be in the top ten?  Will my two 4th place finishes from earlier in the year (wait, I had two?  cool!) help me stay in the top ten if I miss my second stop of the year this weekend?

Here is a snap shot of the current rankings:  (click to enlarge or go to this link before next week when they get updated)


It's gonna be close.  If the three below me pass me up, which Michelle can just by showing up, but if all three do that, then I will be ranked 10th.  If anyone else passes me, though, I'll be knocked down outta the top ten for the 2nd time in 9 years.  I'm not wishing ill-play on any of my friends, mind you, but the pride to be in the top ten is a powerful little drug.

Last year I put a lot of pressure on myself at the last stop to do well to remain in the top ten (which I somehow managed) but this year I have no control over the outcome because I wont be there.  It kinda reminds me of the BCS - where someone else needs to lose so the other team goes up in the rankings.  Just as them, I have no control over this what-so-ever, except hope and pray my previous performances are enough.

We shall see. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So, you are the Boise State of the OB Cues Ladies Tour?

Melinda said...

I think I am Mark!