Friday, November 12, 2010

I Got Another Invite!

I received this from the WPBA last night (ironically I received the email on my phone right in the middle of my practice session with fellow shooter, Ms. Ashley Nandrasy).

It said:

Hi Melinda,

This is to let you know that you are on the waiting list for an opening at the Tour Championship in Niagara. At this time, there are a couple of players ahead of you. Please review the information and let me know if you have any questions. If you are invited, I will need an answer asap.

Wow!  Did I really get another invite to a WPBA event??  It might seem minor to you all, but it's pretty cool that I attended that WPBA pro event in July and now I received this invite.


However, I will have to pass.  :(  Too close to make all the arrangements (Dec 1 is the Player's Meeting) and I bet the flight is super expensive for this last minute decision.

Still, I'm SO flattered!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Expensive? Maybe. But ask yourself this: How many times will you have the opportunity to play in the WPBA Tour Championship?

Melinda said...

Wow, Tim, you really put that into perspective for me! Thank you. :) btw - I just got the official invite today. I have til the end of the day to respond. I just am not sure I can go though...

Anonymous said...

God knows I understand the whole "expensive" thing. Just weren't sure given everything going on if you were sure what exactly you were potentially turning down.

Melinda said...

The flight is $550, the entry is $500. And that doesn't include the hotel and food. But, the bigger factor is with my Mom still in the hospital, I don't know if she will be out by then for me to even go. So, although I alluded to the expenses, it was also the unknowns of my Mom. Still - I appreciate you pointing this out! I almost turned down the US Open in July, too, but then changed my mind and had an amazing experience!

Anonymous said...

Agreed. The "mom" situation trumps everything else.