Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Women in the U.S. Open

Well, since the Pool Cues News and Review blog has left the internet universe, I guess I can give my two cents about what I read today.

I read today that Barry Berhman has opened up the U.S. Open 9-Ball Championships to women. In October, it will be the 35th year this event has taken place and this will be the first year women will be allowed to play.

I am one of the few people who probably does not agree that the women should play in this event. I don't mind women competing in open events, but imo not the U.S. Open. The women have their own U.S. Open and the men are not allowed to play in their event. That event will never be open to men - it's a WPBA, women's event.

The only reason why I wont bitch and moan more about this recent decision is because there are only two stops on the WPBA calendar, so this will give the ladies another tournament they can compete in. I also fully admit that it will be exciting for the fans to follow the tournament play more this year if any of the women do enter the tournament.

1 comment:

p00lriah. said...

that's an interesting point of view. it actually makes sense. if the concern is equality, then it should be across the board; otherwise continue with separate men and women's U.S. Open.