Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Scotch Fall

I entered an 8-ball scotch doubles tourney last Saturday and my boyfriend and I failed miserably.  :(


We usually play well together, but not all days can be good pool days, huh? 

We didn't click for some reason and I also upset him with my choices a lot.  He expressed his disappointment, which never helps me.  I'm already upset at myself and embarrassed when I miss, so it really doesn't help to point things out to me.  I'd rather focus on the positives or be lifted up. 

I did miss a few keys shots and made mistakes because I over thought, and I admit, I just wasn't on my game this day.  So, the combo of  my bad play and he not playing up to par either further complicated things by us not "gelling." So, it was an unpleasant day for me (and him, I presume).

Eventually, I became too unsure of myself, fearful of the repercussions I guess.  I wish we just played pool like we had in previous tournaments where our lowest finish was 2nd place (three 1st places and one 2nd place in all the scotch doubles tourneys we have entered).

We placed 3rd and while 3rd place seems good, it's not good to us!  And, we could have won and should have easily won.  :(

I told him I don't want to have another day like that again.  LOL.

We have another scotch tourney Jan 21 - this one even tougher.  My only goal is to have a pleasant day.  :)

No comments: