Friday, January 13, 2012

Decisions Decisions

I can't figure out if I should go to both ACS and BCAPL this year or not.  They are back-to-back National tourneys held in Vegas in May (in case you didn't know).

I wanted to last year, and even sent in early my entry fees for both tourneys, but backed out of ACS due to my Mom's health. I didn't want to be away from her for that long.

She passed away in August :(  (btw, it feels like it's been sooooo much longer than only 5 months) and therefore I could feasibly go to both this year. 

My concern is taking two weeks off from work.  While I have the vacation time, is it good to be away from work for that long?  I suppose I will still be connected via laptop and phone, tho.

Additionally, the flight prices keep going up.  Do I risk buying a plane ticket now on one of the few remaining legs at the price of $150 (outbound) or do I wait until I firmly decide?  If I miss getting a good price, it goes up by almost $75.  Seems every day one of the outbound flights that was about $150 goes up to $225 (that' with tax).  So, I feel pressured to make a decision asap.

I will always attend the BCAPL, but I'm interested in playing in the ACS National tourney, too.  Further, next year I will most likely not play in both tourneys (only BCAPL), so that is another factor in my decision for this year to go to ACS Nationals, also.

Oh, the unknowns of what to do and the indecision's!

Ugh!

No comments: