Sunday, August 31, 2008

End of Day One, Texas Open

Well, the end of Day One came and went. There were a LOT of matches all day long! Whew. I also was able to put some of the photos online finally. Here are two sets:

Photos most of Day One: http://www.melindaswindow.com/TexasOpen08/index.html

End of Day One and this afternoon: http://www.melindaswindow.com/TexasO...os2/index.html

I played my 11pm match (yes, that's not a typo, Eleven PM). Before hand, I went back to the room and rested in front of the tube. I had a bad headache from the smoke (I think) or because I was online all day updating things (LOL) but I took some Aleve, rested my little head, changed into cooler clothes and headed back to the tournament to face my competitor.

Me working on the laptop.

I played Jennifer Kraber that night. She's a really good friend of mine, but she put on her ipod and I put on my mental toughness hat, and we got to business.

I played okay at first, but got out of line a lot, but then had chances to get back to the table and capitalized. I finally beared down and started playing well the last two or three games. In the middle, I had some chances from her scratches and such, and also made two 9-ball combos. So, I guess you could say I got the rolls.

I then updated the brackets, took a few more photos, got me some yummy Burger King, and then climbed into the cool sheets of the bad hotel. I drank some Alka Seltzer Plus and boy did I go to sleep!

I am here now again at the tournament, taking photos and updating the brackets and meeting new friends. I want to go rest again before I play at 9pm, but many good matches are coming up that I want to take photos of for the pool fans. We'll see what happens.

I do have a tough match ahead of me. I hope I play well - not too much to ask for but will it happen? My opponent (Amanda Lampert) is also my great friend and road partner, but she is playing well and just won her last match to zero. IF I get chances from her, I hope to play the shots well. I need to remember to have fun! I just remembered that - how funny. LOL

No comments: