Monday, September 1, 2008

Day Two,Texas Open

Sunday (of the three-day Texas Open event in Round Rock, Texas Labor Day weekend) and I slept in a little bit, then got some Taco Cabana potato and egg breakfast tacos (yummy) and then raced up to the pool room to take photos of a player who I will be making a website for. He played at 11am and so I made it in time AND got to sleep in. :) whew!

I took more photos and updated the brackets all day and even though I wanted to go to the room and rest before my tough 9pm match, there were too many things I wanted to do around here for the tournament/fans.

Photos from Day Two: http://www.melindaswindow.com/TexasO...os3/index.html

Open Brackets: http://www.azbilliards.com/brackets/...urneynum=31101

Women's Brackets:
http://www.azbilliards.com/brackets/...ourneynum=3110

I happened to have an extra shirt with me in my computer bag (in case they didn't let me wear what I wore for my match on Saturday night) and so luckily I was able to change into that b/c it was REALLY hot all day and needed a fresh feel. I played my roadie, great friend, and great player Amanda Lampert. I felt pretty good going into the match as we walked to the table and got our groove on.

I was running out the first game and didn't hit the 8 hard enough and missed the 9. Next game I missed a 3 or 4 in the side and she got out. Next game I OVER hit the 8 this time and had to back bank the 9 and missed. I was pretty ticked and made a comment to her because I was pissed at myself which prolly sharked her. She missed the 9 and I apologized. A few games later I am down in the match but get to shoot and I got bad shape again from the 8 and missed the 9ball! Granted it wasn't easy, but I didn't bear down and wasn't thinking about the shot in front of me. She said something to me but I was so bothered already by stupid things and I was therefore pretty upset. I was not capitalizing at all and that was extremely frustrating. She had some really nice outs after that and I even had a few good runs but she out played me. :(

It was a very emotional match and I have to say that I think it's finally sunk in that I need to keep my mouth shut even if I am playing a friend and feel comfortable with them, no matter how pissed I get at myself. I used to not say anything, so I'm not sure where this is all coming from. LOL.

I also need to continue to work on my fundamentals. :) But, I admit I was a little nervous so that makes getting shape tougher and my brain kind of gets stunned with what I should do at times for some reason. lol.

So, off to bed I went, even though it took me a while to fall asleep cuz I was thinking about the match.

Here are a couple of the photos I took (I kind a like how these came out):

No comments: