Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Moving Coins Hill-Hill

During the Omega stop earlier this month I saw a match go hill-hill. 

One of the players takes his coin out from under the rail and slides it on the felt towards the center of the bottom rail.  Then he walks over and does the same thing to his opponents coin.

I've been playing and watching pool for over 25 years and don't recall this before.  You mostly see it when the score is 8-8 in gambling, but not 6-6 in a race to 7 in a tourney.

I can't even fathom that this would be normal because I've personally been in over 100 hill-hll matches myself and witnessed SO many hill-hill matches all these years, that I know it's not "normal."

Makes me wonder why he did this.  Did he do this so people would not see the score?  Did he do this so he wouldn't be distracted by the coins shouting at him, "it's hill-hill!"

And what if I am his opponent and I don't want my coin moved?  lol.

I will try and remember to ask him next time I see him at the Omega Tour Finale in November why this is his preference.

No comments: