Saturday, November 21, 2015

Watched My Play and Slowed Down

One of my friends watched me play all my matches on the first day of the OB Cues Ladies tour stop at the beginning of November.  Oh, and also the first match of the day on Sunday.

I lost my next two matches, and he hadn't watched those.  So, I blame him.  JUST KIDDING.

He posted on Facebook afterwards that he learned some things from me, by watching me play (he had never seen me play before), so I was anxious to find out what it was.

I was hoping he saw me as the epitome of 3-ball shape, because I walk around the table before every shot to see where I need to be that would help me out best for the third ball ahead in sequence.  This gives the best chance for a run out.

Instead, he told me he learned from watching me that he needs to take his time.

He said that when it was his turn at the table, he would normally just jump up and go and shoot the ball.  After watching me and some of the other girls in this regional tour, he recognized that we don't do that.  We instead take our time to see where we need to be on the table, not just jump up and go shoot.

He said a player he spars with has been trying to tell him to take his time and it hit him like a light bulb after watching over that weekend, what his friend had been trying to tell him.

He was actually pretty excited to share with his sparring buddy, "Hey, I finally figured out what you were trying to say!"

And then he cashed in his first Omega tourney the very next weekend!



No comments: