Thursday, September 24, 2015

Top Shooter?

The last two years I was second in the rankings at the end of the season in my women's league.

Two years, SECOND.  I was very stoked and happy!

This year, wait for it, wait for it.  Yep:  FIRST!

I have to admit I tried and tried and tried so hard to do well all season.  I was neck and neck with another player who had a FANTASTIC SEASON and I am SO proud of her (Shaunte).

Every week I'd check the stats.

Either I said "whew" or "dammit" lol.

Her and I kept getting closer and closer, and switching places from first to second, the last few months, too.

I played 90 games, won 70 and only lost 20.  :)  That gave me a 77.78%!   And, I am the top shooter!  She had 77.12% - see how VERY close??!  WOW.

So, while I'm VERY proud of myself and I really tried to get first this year (even though I admit I'd be happy with second place again because that IS tough to do that too imo), I have to confess something....

While I have the highest % in the entire league, in order to earn the "official" Top Shooter award/plaque you had to have played at least 109 games.  So, I'm very honored I have the stats of the top shooter still, but I am even more happier for my friend Shaunte who will get the award money and plaque as she had quite an impressive year!  (she played 118 games)

[And btw, yes, 109 games is over 21.8 weeks.... and the league only has 28 weeks.]

Still, happy for her, happy for me!

Her game has seriously improved and I am extremely proud of her!  It's been an honor to see her game mature (I know I don't like to compete against her, lol). 

Here all my final stats for this season on the ladies league:

2015 Season, 90 games, 77.78%, first place:
Wins:  70, Losses:  20
Break and Runs:  1
Rack and Runs:  5
Five and 0s:  5

Here was my last two years:

In 2014 Season, 96 games, 77.08%, second place:
Wins:  74, Losses:  22
Break and Runs:  1
Rack and Runs:  7
Five and 0s:  5

In 2013 Season, I played 85 games, 75.3%, second place:
Wins:  64, Losses:  21
Break and Runs:  4
Rack and Runs:  4
Five and 0s:  5


No comments: