Friday, September 4, 2015

Decorative Chalk

I have written before how I have used colored or decorative duct tape to wrap the outside of my chalk.  This allows my chalk to stand out so that others hopefully won't use it, and also helps for me to distinguish between my chalk and my opponents' chalk on the table.

Back in the Spring, a friend of mine mentioned at the Texas State Tournament that there is thinner duck tape and therefore MUCH easier obviously to wrap around the chalk.

If you've ever tried to put regular duct tape around a piece of chalk it's really very cumbersome and you have edges sticking out and it's just not very smooth at all (or easy to put around the chalk).  So when I heard of this thinner duct, tape I was very excited.

However, just a couple weeks ago I saw some decorative regular TAPE.

So, therefore this is much MUCH easier to apply around the chalk but further, I figured out that the chalk feels much better between my fingers.

It's a little tough to explain, but as you know duct tape is kind of shiny and slippery, yet tape has more of a "fabric" feel to it (at least the decorative tape does), and it's easier to grab and even clasp through your fingers.

I highly recommend decorative tape for all the reasons mentioned above.

I promise you will thank me.  And by the way, it's found in most school supplies sections (I bought mine at Walmart).


Can you tell which piece has tape and which one is with duct tape?





No comments: