Monday, September 21, 2015

High Balls

I was in a very early match one morning at BCAPL Nationals during singles when I asked my opponent (just to be sure) what balls I were.

"High balls."

Now, it's early in the morning.  I'm not thinking clear and not hearing her correctly.  What did she say?

I ask again - I swear I didn't understand her.

"High balls."

It still just didn't register.  Am I strips or solids?  Was she mumbling? Seriously, what am I?  Since I was only trying to hear "strips or solids", "high balls" meant nothing to my mind at this point. 


I ask again, "Uh, what are you?"  (I ask a different way)

She says "low balls."

OH!

Me and my blonde moment, but just to be clear, "Oh, okay you are solids and I am stripes, okay."

Canadian lingo I guess?  I hadn't heard this either before or in a long time and was very confused.  She prolly thought, "dumb blonde" LOL. 

But miscommunication can cause a lot of problems during a match (well, in life) and I HAD to make sure (even if asking a bunch of questions made me seem weird and crazy lol).


No comments: