Tuesday, February 15, 2011

My Fav Pool Room

My beautiful and talented friend, GG (Gail Glazebrook), is this month's PoolSynergy Host.  She wants us to share our FAV Pool Room.  Well, mine is easy - Rusty's Billiards

Located in Fort Worth, Texas, this pool room has a great atmosphere for someone like me who loves a a pool room that takes care of REAL pool players. 

It may seem minimal, but it isn't. We all have been to rooms that the owners don't care for the real pool players. They don't fix poor lighting, even unlevel tables, refelt cloth, have decent sets of balls, let weekend warriors smoke and drink over tables, etc. When you find a good pool room like Rusty's, it's a Godsend!

Rusty's has plenty of 9 foots to satisfy my quench for the big table; tough tournaments to strengthen my game; hosts a lot of talented players; puts the players first; and they even have parties!  LOL.  I have been going there for over ten years and although they are a semi-sponsor of mine, I'd still write about them today as my FAV pool room even if they weren't.  :)  That's how much I love it there.

Good people, good 9-foot tables, good service, friendly atmosphere, good hours, good tournaments, good players, parties for the regulars.  What more does any true pool player need? 

As a matter of fact, I happened to video tape one of their VIPPP Parties last November.  Enjoy!

6 comments:

p00lriah. said...

looks small & cozy. :)

Melinda said...

It's actually not small at all! 21 tables in there!

Anonymous said...

AWESOME post! You made me hungry for some BBQ!! It's great to have so much access to various tables; 9ft, 8ft & so many bar tables! Really cool! Thanks again Melinda!

Unknown said...

Looks like a great place to hang out.

Anonymous said...

Rusty's is great... I hope I'm not confusing this place with another but the "Rusty's" I went to the other night/morning was 24hours... If only Dallas had a Rusty's id find a way to sleep in some hidden corner haha.. wake up then play till I drop. Great Blog BTW

Lastly I love that Rusty's has a smoking and non-smoking section. It's a great place and the staff is great.

Melinda said...

Dear Anonymous,

I was referring to the Rusty's in Fort Worth, but the Rusty's in Arlington is great also. That room, like you said, is 24 hours and has a separate non smoking side. I love it there, too!

Thank you for the comments!