Monday, October 18, 2010

Plethora Update

PRACTICE:
Well, I hadn't practiced since July. Eeeek! SO not like me at all. I normally practice once a week.  Even though I haven't had one solo practice session since July, my fundamentals were solid July through Sept.  My head doesn't lift up, I'm stroking the ball smooth, I FEEL good. However, lack of practice didn't mean I wasn't surrounded by pool. I had been reading about pool, watched my FAV Player Review DVD, sparred one night, been playing a few straight pool matches, and played in several tournaments in a row.

But... on Saturday I realized I haven't played pool at all since Sept 20th due to trips and home-stuff.  Since my mom was out of the hospital and I had a weekend home, I decided to actually go practice, like was my normal routine the last few years. I got to the pool room promptly at noon and threw the ten balls on the 9 foot table, grabbed my ipod, and pulled out my lonely cue. I practiced for about an hour and I was so happy my fundamentals were still strong. Yay!  I can see such a difference when I really lock my eye onto the object ball - my head stays down so well when I do that.

I then played a few games of the awesome game of one pocket before heading back home and running errands.  

STRAIGHT POOL:
My previous straight pool match, I lost and shouldn't have so I got a bad taste in my mouth for the stats.  I was just going to forfeit the final match I had to play.  Seriously.  Can't move up into first or second place with my now three losses, so I didn't really care about my last match that was needed to finish the season.

Turns out the league director gave everyone an extra month to finish out the season - evidently I wasn't the only one who needed to play more matches.  So, I broke down and planned a straight pool date night tonight for my last match.

I'm sad that we wont start the next season until January.  :(  What am I gonna do for two months without straight pool?? 

U.S. OPEN
The U.S. Open has begun!  I am following the brackets and live scoring.  And of course checking out how the chicas in the tourney are doing. 

But this year, the daily videos by Samm Diep are more professionally done than I have ever seen in the past!  I am SO impressed!  Videographer/Video Editor Dustin McCollum from Florida is helping do the camera work and graphics.  He does video work for a living and his talent works SO well with Samm's talent. They make a GREAT team for AZBilliards.com and the fans of the U.S. Open!  Check Samm out!

No comments: