Saturday, July 22, 2017

Got a Little Table Time In

I normally don't even consider anymore playing in an Omega Tournament because I'm too busy.  With over 90 players a stop, it isn't really fair if I try to play and also run the tourney because there is too much to do.  Sure, I have helpers, but photos still need to be taken, raffle tickets sold, and break and run to be held, all the while running the bracket and posting results online.  So, I just don't feel right leaving so many duties to the helpers so I can play a little.

However, at the last Omega stop, I sure did have the itch to play!  I was secretly hoping we would have one opening so I could play, because the tournament was being held on diamond bar tables!  Omgosh I play well on those tables!

Further, this event was limited to 64 players because they only had 8 tables, so the tournament was more manageable and I knew I could step away and play.  You know, if the need arose that I needed to help out fill a 64-person bracket.  LOL.

Alas, the field was full.

And that's okay!  Still had plenty to do.

Come Sunday, the itch is still there.  Strong.

I don't think I've even played a game of pool since April.

Later in the afternoon when the tournament is winding down with only a match or two left, I ask a friend if I can borrow his cue.  He happens to also shoot with an OB shaft, so it felt really comfortable.

I ran out the first rack (with a mulligan lol), then ran out two more racks.  Many people are watching and asking me why I didn't play, and I shared, "sure wish I could have!"



As I'm handing the cue back to the player, a veteran on the tour and someone who knows how I play quips up to the guy, "and that wasn't the cue that made her shoot that way."

hahahahhhaha!

I was cracking up!

Many Omega players don't even know I play pool or that I play pool kinda good, so some were shocked how well I played just in those few games they witnessed.

And normally people joke, "Wow, that cue doesn't miss!"  But this guy immediately shot any notion or thought down that it was the cue with his really cool compliment.

/blush/


No comments: