Friday, June 19, 2015

Trigger Caught Trigger

I went to Destin, Florida in early June for a short vaca after a work trip and went on my first EVER Charter boat fishing trip!

Had A LOT of fun!






Caught LOTS of snapper!




After the ten of us on the boat caught a lot of snapper and met our limit (each boat as a limit), then we went to another areas to catch additional/more fish.

We all weren't catching as much fish as before (the red snapper were biting constantly and we were catching them EASY!), but every once in a while someone would catch something in this new area.  We threw most back, including one I caught.

I asked the shipmate, "What is that I just caught?"

"A trigger fish," he replied, as he took it off my hook and threw it back in Gulf of Mexico. 

WHAT?  OMG!  I caught a triggerfish!  Trigger caught a trigger!

I didn't snap a pic of it, but here is what the little fella looked like:




No comments: