Thursday, June 25, 2015

Mono-Vision Update

Just a follow up to my previous post about trying mono-vision contacts, since many have asked:

I've stopped my mono-vision contacts already.

While I could see BEAUTIFULLY close up in all situations (computer at work, reading menu's in dark restaurants, looking at my phone), because my eyesight is SO bad, everything far was very fuzzy.

I couldn't handle how fuzzy everything was at a distance (including signs when I drove, or everyone was fuzzy in crowd, or the fuzzy balls at the end of the pool table), so I am back to my -6.5 contacts in both eyes and can see clearly again far! Whew.

I figure I can grab my reading glasses to see close up, but there is no other fix to see things clear far away, so going back to non-mono vision is best for me for now. 

Some asked about me getting Lasik and my eyes are too bad and I'm simply not a candidate.  Luckily contacts don't bother me - been wearing them for almost 30 years it seems.

One final little tidbit - I didn't notice an improvement in my game with the mono-vision.  I only noticed the balls were fuzzy at the end of the table b/c my eyes/brain were trying to compensate for the mono-vision.  I think if my eyesight wasn't so bad, mono-vision would have been a great option.

Glad I tried it - now I know.

No comments: