Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Rut Oh

Been playing bad lately.    Not sure what is up but it sucks lol.

One week I go 6-0 in league, and just 3 weeks later I go 0-5 in the same league.  Granted we were playing a much better team, and I only had two opportunities, but that's not the only indication I'm playing badly.

I played poorly in the Omega tourney.  Yep, I actually played in my own event!  Although I was ahead in both of my matches, and I played REALLY well at the beginning of both of those matches, I lost focus and lost.

I also played in a singles tourney for my Monday night league on Saturday.  I placed 2nd, even though I was the best player in the tourney.  I am not sure what happened, but I am just not playing well right now.

The timing really sucks too because I have the BCAPL Texas State tourney coming up in less than a month and anyone that reads this blog the past few years know that is the one tourney I've always wanted to win.  Well, saying that is already pressure, lol.

I keep hearing I'm playing fast.  Not just in early February when I wrote about this, but also this past weekend.  And I'm not sure why that is happening.  What happened to playing slow and deliberate and taking time on my shots?

I need to figure all this out asap!

I honestly think because I haven't been competing in tournaments more, that it's affecting me.  I am losing focus in tournament matches for sure. 

I am still playing great for team events, but when it comes to playing for me, that is another story.

Hopefully this rut (or whatever is going on) will turn around soon.


No comments: