Friday, March 9, 2012

Women's All Around in Reno

I can't begin to tell you how excited I am about where I placed in the Women's All Around in Reno the week of Feb 13th!

Quickly, let me explain the All-Around:  Each player received points for their finish in each division during the week at the U.S. Bar Table Championships.  The top 3 Men and top 2 Women received extra money!  However, you are only eligible if you play in all three divisions (10ball, 9ball and 8ball).

Women's 1st place monies in the All Around was $500 and 2nd was $250.  :)

When I placed 4th in the first division (10ball) it didn't cross my mind about the All Around.  However, as the second event (9ball) continued along, I was suddenly very cognizant how the top finishers of the 10ball competitors were doing in the 9ball division.  For sure, the All-Around was on my mind.

Then when I placed 7th in the 9ball division, I couldn't beleive I had a chance to be in the top 5 of the All Around!  Because a few of the top ladies from the 10ball division hadn't placed higher than me in the 9ball division, there was even more of a chance!

I never in a million years would think I would be in contention for the cash, or even in the top 5 of the All Around, but there I was.  Little 'ole me!

I placed 9th (boo-hiss) in the final division (8ball) and although I knew I wasn't in the top 2, I knew my chances for top 5 were pretty good.  Stacy Allsup ended up winning the 8ball which platooned her to 2nd place in the All Around, while Rebecca Wagner had 1st place sealed with her double wins for 10ball and 9ball.

It took me a while to get the final stats, but here they are:

OMG!  4th place!  Sure, no money, but who cares!  I got 4th place in the Women's All Around at the 2012 U.S. Bar Table Champsionships!

WOO-HOO!

2 comments:

Babylon Brother said...

What a pleasant surprise. Nice going, Melinda

Melinda said...

Thank you!!