Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Watch Your Towels

Last night I went to a big weekly tourney at Rusty's Billiards.  I showed up fashionably late just so I could mingle with my girlfriends Laura and Amanda and my boyfriend.  I was too tired to play in the tourney itself, but I grabbed a nine foot table to play a few games of one pocket.

My b/f grabbed his case off the table where everyone puts their cases and notices my new blue Hustlin' towel is missing.

He expresses concern over it (I lent it to him during the pro tournament last weekend) and he stated, "someone stole it".  My optimism kicked in and I replied, "I'm sure it just fell off."

He explained, "It was hooked on - it can't fall off."

"Oh, okay" I say in my normal "go ahead and think negative" attitude voice.  lol.

He searched around the area where his case was and didn't find it.  When he came over to the table we were about to practice on he expressed, "I hope it's just in the car somehow."

He is called for his second match of the night and he has to play one of the Pro Players who is still in the area after this weekend's Ultimate Ten Ball Tourney.

He loses hill-hill but as he walks back to our practice table, he points to his case and the missing blue towel!

I said, "where was it?"

He replies, "the girlfriend of that guy I just played had it with her stuff."

What?  Really?  omg....

I asked him how he got it back and he said, "I just took it and neither of them said anything."

The non-action tells me maybe it really was taken from his case.  Why else wouldn't they stop him?

We were all kinda perturbed about it the rest of the night.

We will never know what truly transpired, but here is a pic I took of the towel and the clasp (pretty tough to fall off, huh?)


I hate to think that way about people...

No comments: