Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Video Comparisons

What's that saying by Jacqui Rivait? "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all." ?

Well, I guess I should listen to Jacqui, but not today.

I got an email that was asking me to vote for this video:  http://www.youtube.com/creators?x=nextup_lN7_jaB6HvU on Youtube. Specifically, "(name withheld) was chosen as a semifinalist in the Youtube Nextup program. Basically, if we can get enough votes for our video that we submitted, Youtube will be promoting billiards in the future."

I was pretty excited.  I looked up the video and was expecting something fabulous.  Instead, I see a compilation of old videos I'd seen before, and I didn't think they were that good.  So, I didn't vote.  I mean, yea, I'd like billiards to be showcased on Youtube, but I'm not going to do it by voting for something I think could be better.


Let's compare Nathan's video production:  http://www.youtube.com/user/RunoutMedia#p/u/4/uqQ2lmdfh8U  Have you seen this high quality video production, along with great music and graphics and a plethora of the different aspects of the game?  Granted Nathan didn't use Youtube Nextup program to edit his videos, but still, the quality is not even up for comparison.  I would bet if Nathan was to use the program it would be still be awesome. He's that talented!

Anyway, my gloomy post for the day.  Don't mean to knock, but it's not the first time I'm not impressed with something people are promoting.  Eeeek!  I need to go back to sleep and get up on the right side of the bed!

No comments: