Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Was That Sharking?

Three Mondays ago I played a straight pool match in my straight pool league against a guy I will call The Chalker. Last season, he was new to the league and I figured I could beat him based on that sole fact. Lol, yeah, I was wrong. Since Chalker beat me last season and because he was ranked high in our division, I figured he would have a good shot at beating me again. :(

In this second time we would meet, he had to cancel our first scheduled date. He would tell me later that he did indeed play a match that night with someone else, but because he had a six pack in him, he couldn't play well and he lost. Ahh.... inside information!

When I show up on this cold Monday for our match, I notice he's drinking a beer already. He starts off strong in the match and is ahead right away. Dangit! I start joking with him that I am going to get him drunk so I could win. He laughed it off as I bought him a beer. ;)

I joked many more times throughout the match, especially when people would come by to check out our score, "the only way I can beat him is if I get him drunk," I would proclaim to his friends. At about 50 points Chalker bought himself his third beer, and of course I kept joking with him and his friends about how I needed to get him drunk in order to win.

I don't know what happened or how it happened, but eventually I won! I don't think Chalker was drunk - he hardly drank a six pack and I only bought him one of his beers during the match, but I wondered for a few days after if maybe I sharked him a little. I admit I'm happy I won, but was it due to my jokes that maybe got to his head? Hope not - it wasn't my intention.

2 comments:

Johnny said...

I don't think it can be considered sharking since you basically told him your plan. LOL Jokingly of course - but if he let that get to him, I'd argue he sharked himself.

p00lriah. said...

OMG, trigger is a hustler!!!!!!!

:P