Saturday, October 6, 2007

FE in CS Sept 30th

Fast Eddies Tour in College Station. Sept 30th.

I went down early - give my Mom some time away from me so we could try and see how we would be apart. I had been with her two weeks straight since my Dad passed. It was going to be an emotional weekend. Friday night the tournament directors surprise me and give me cards everyone had signed the weekend my Dad passed. It was SO moving. I had to walk off and I cried in the bathroom.

I came back Saturday and watched some matches and hung out with some friends. I then went to see a funny movie - but it turned out to be stupid.

22 women showed up Sunday and it was good to see friendly faces, even though it was so hard to not cry when I would get a hug from Jennifer, Heather, Tara, Kyu, and Amanda. I thanked several people (guys and gals) throughout the weekend for signing my card -it really did mean a lot.

I played Catherine Naes first and I play really good and won 7-0. I then played Sue Chong and after being down 0-2, I finally start playing okay again and won 7-4 I think. I then played Yvette Reyes - a cute little thing, and very nice. I am up 5-2 and playing well. Even had a GREAT safety - one I had recently been practicing and was so excited when it panned out well! I was jumping up a lot, though, and it took me a few games to finally finish off the match and I won 7-4.

I then have to play Amanda and I am not into the game at all. I capitalize on some of her mistakes and was down only 4-3 when a mistake on her part and a nice shot on mine set me up for a small run. I was so excited, I didn't take my time on the 9ball and missed it. It wasn't a tough shot, but I overstroked it, didn't stay down, wasn't thinking about making the ball or anything. Again, I wasn't playing pool. I was SO embarrassed with how badly I was playing. She missed the 9, also, but shit it in. Key game- instead of 4-4, it's now 5-3 her. I won the next game from her mistake but lost 7-5 or 7-4 because I just wasn't playing pool. My arms were wobbly, my mind wasn't into the game, I was thinking about stupid shit and just not playing P O O L. I would miss late in the rack and she would capitalize... I had lots of chances and just didn't play the game in front of me.

I had to wait a while to play Jennifer next and by the time I payed, I still wasn't over my embarrassment of my previous match. I looked around at the crowd a lot and wasn't into my game at all. I lost 5-1. I played terrible. I was again SO exhausted - I think physically from being so mentally drained? Got 5th and no money, either. It was a LONG drive home.

What did I learn? Learned I'm still not playing pool at times, but that I can play well if I set my mind to it. It's just been so tough lately, though. #!$^$&@ I'm so disappointed in myself for allowing me to NOT play pool. I need to look at the FLOOR, like Joe Salazar taught me. It really helped me with Catherine's match.

No comments: