Friday, October 12, 2007

Before Bogies

On Monday I saw a movie. Didn't feel like it at first but figured, I have the day off, I need to do what I would normally do. So, I went to see a movie, practiced, and played in the Monday night tournament.

The movie made me cry. I thought The Brave One was about (don't read further if you don't want to know) a woman that was raped and got mad afterwards. Instead, the love of her life dies while they both get beat up one night (and then she gets mad). I cried and cried. Too close to home, too emotional, too raw still.

Then went to pool room to practice and instead wanted to gamble. Broke even - I haven't gambled in ten years probably. Saw Tracie at the pool room when I first got there and she made me cry - I held on to her tightly as we both hugged each other and thought of our parents. He parents passed away three weeks apart over a year ago. I never knew what she went through until now.

I then got Last Lady at the Monday night tournament. Thoroughly enjoyed myself with free hot dogs, great french fries and winning lots of matches. I won $75 for second (I let Tony have first place, AFTER I beat him in the hotseat and then he won another match to have the chance to play me again). We are both now qualified for the end of season tournament Nov 4th. Wow! Either a certain number of weeks need to be played, or you have to win the tournament. We accomplished both the same night (I got my 3rd week in).

I hope to think clear this weekend - remember to play P O O L. Remember to go in winning, to focus on the table, to focus on the process of playing pool. I am excited - it will be a great weekend running it, playing in it, and also helping with the Anne Mayes Cancer Benefit.

I am very excited to be having dinner tonight with Julie (who is my rommie for the weekend) at Bob's Steak and Chop House in downtown Houston!

I also can't wait to see my Mom on Sunday night. I'll be visiting her for a few days after the tournament.

I love you Mom and Dad.
Melinda

No comments: