Thursday, July 30, 2015

No Showboat

I have written several times that I don't normally share my pool life with my coworkers.  I have about one million reasons why, and here lists just a few:  LINK ONE, LINK TWO

So, check out this crazy exchange that JUST happened today.  The timing is very ironic to me:

I walk to the elevator and three coworkers are standing there waiting for the down elevator, also.

One starts a convo with me:  "I haven't seen you in a while.  You been on vacation?"

"Yes" is all I reply.  I don't mention I just was in Vegas.

"Oh that's good.  Guess you don't want to tell us where, huh?"

"Nah" I say with uncomfortableness.

"Do you still play pool?"

"Yes" is again my one-word reply.  I don't share with them I was just in Vegas for pool.

"You used to play competitively.  Do you still?"

"Yes" is all I reply.

"Are you good?"

"Yes" is all I reply again, not even sharing I just placed 5th out of 250 women!

I could have shared that I was just in Vegas playing pool competitively, placed my highest finish in singles, and am ECSTATIC about it, but I just smiled shyly and replied, "yes" to most of his questions without adding anything extra.

I just don't talk about my personal pool life anymore with folks here.

Wish I could - I'm pretty freaking proud of myself!


No comments: