Thursday, July 30, 2015

Finally Finished Well at BCAPL Nationals!

After all the years I have been playing at BCAPL Nationals, I can finally say that I finally finished well!!

I placed 5th out of about 250 players!


I cannot begin to express how happy and accomplished and ecstatic I feel.  I can't even put it into words, really.

I have wanted to place well for so many years, had the talent to do it the last few years, but could never come with it during game time.  This year, I did!

WOW!

Still honestly, can't believe it.  I.am.so.happy!!

The girl that put me out of the tournament went on to win the entire event - the BCAPL Women's Open Singles!  VERY proud of her as she played GREAT!  Even though I had a few chances against her which may haunt me (lol) I am happy to have been beaten by the eventual winner.

And, her name was Toni and since that's my Mom's name, that was cool, too.

Further - I placed high enough to finally get moved up as an ADVANCED player.  YAY!!  So happy!   And, I was ONE match away from becoming a Master - dang it, so close...  :(

But still very extremely happy to finally place so high in this event that I have played in for about 15-20 years.  Feels awesome after all those years of thinking I can do well to finally actually play well enough to place high.

Go me!

And congrats to Toni Sakamoto for winning the entire shebang!

Everyone keeps saying how can I leave the competing after placing so high, but I have already made up my mind - no more leagues.  So, super glad I went out on a high note!  Wow - still can't believe this....  :)



No comments: