Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Cheering on a Team

One of my teammates pointed out one night, "we don't cheer much, do we?"

And that was it!

I couldn't put my finger on why there didn't seem to be any team dynamics or support.  I felt like I was ON a team, not PART of the team.

And the cheering was a major factor, I think.

The captain talked to a few of us about this - that we should prolly cheer more.  But what bothered me most was:  I didn't realize or recognize that we all weren't cheering.  :(

I could have easily helped!  Well, anyone could have.  But I felt like I could lead the clapping and kudos and cheering, and I should have been since I have the most time in the game.  I felt bad I wasn't helping the team more.

Instead, I just sat back, played my games, and felt uncomfy about the lack of support, when in reality, I could have been the shill to get my teammates more animated and excited about our games!

If you see or feel something is off, take the lead and help out!  Learn from my mistake.  And help your team by leading the cause.  It will be better in the long run for everyone involved.




1 comment:

Babylon Brother said...

I wouldn't worry about it. If anyone NEEDS cheering-on right now, it's you. Perhaps some intuitive team member will realize this. When you're UP, a lot goes right.

I sincerely hope pool becomes fun again for you. Personally, I think the gambling needs to stop. It's an entirely different dimension -- and a not altogether healthy one.

Instead of league -- where you're required to show up -- why not just play local weekend tournaments. And just play for fun?

IMHO