Friday, March 27, 2015

Why You So Mad?

Well, the bad play continued for me on Tuesday.

I had a few nice runs, but then would miss a tough shot here and there.  I only won two matches out of five that league night.

I have been pretty bummed about it.

And then I had league on Thursday against a really tough team.  Two of the girls are in the top rankings and the team plays good.

Losing FOUR matches last week moved me down in the rankings in my ladies league so tonight was critical to me.

I actually hit a rack of balls before we started.  I told my team, "you know something is wrong with me if I'm hitting balls."

I was trying to figure out if something was wrong with my fundamentals or what.

I won the first game by playing some smart moves.  I missed a key ball, but then came with it in the end.  It boosted my confidence to kick a ball in and then come with a nice shot to make the 8ball.  I needed that for sure.

In the next match, I played good safes again.  I tried not to go for too many risky shots and instead play super TIGHT with more safes. 

It worked!

I won that match, too.

Next game I again played safe a lot.  After my first "mean" safe, my opponent asks me, "why you so mad?"

LMAO!  That was hysterical!


She had seen me safety her teammate the previous match and here I was doing it some more to her lol.

I replied, "I have been playing bad.  Gotta do something."

After I won that game, as I'm high-fiving my teammates, I say, "uh, I might be back."

I win the next game, this time running out well after some safes.  Again I tell my teammates after while I'm high-fiving, "Uh, oh, I really think I am back."

Even though I lost my last match, it was a really long safety battle and it felt great to play smart and good.

Maybe I'm back?  Not sure - but playing tighter REALLY helped my scores!





No comments: