Thursday, September 12, 2013

To APA Or Not To APA

I saw so many of my friends show their pure excitement when they won the APA city tourney!  My female friends, 8 of them, had just won a trip to Vegas!

On Facebook they would count down the days!  They talked about it all the time - in person, on FB, on the phone, they were stoked!

When Vegas came, I saw so many posts about how much fun they were having!

After Vegas, I still heard what a great time they had, and from other teams, as well.

I wanted to be a part of that, I told myself.  It sounds like so much fun!

On Labor Day weekend, I was talking to one of the girls who had gone to Vegas.  Found out she didn't have a team this season.  Really?  hmmm...

I joked we should get a team together.  She immediately said yes.  And two other females in the pool room that day were also interested.

Wow!

I texted the league operator about her Saturday league to get some info.  Where it was located (turns out near my house, instead of the far away pool room I didn't like), and I would start off as a 6, and we would need 5 players on Saturday, but we could have 8.

I was excited about the possibility of this ladies team in APA!  And to find out this every-other-Saturday league was near my house was even better.  The previews location they held the ladies league, I don't like it all that much.  Too far, too much construction along the way, always hot, etc. 

A few days later, I call that first friend of mine and she was contacting other players for us and was still waiting to hear back.  I contacted the league operator and she suggested I call, instead of text.

Well, SHIT.

Turns out there are TWO APA leagues on Saturdays in my area.

One is mixed and EVERY Saturday (which I can't do) and the other is the ladies league, but it's now a 3-person team (not 5, ugh) at that pool room I don't really want to drive to (even if for every other Saturday).

So, dang, I had to call my friends and tell them I can't play after all this season.  :(

I found out the season is not long, so maybe next season I'll look into this again, as I sure was excited at first.




No comments: