Thursday, July 11, 2013

Shirts for Female Players

Tournaments affect my over-all wardrobe. 

Blouses aren't allowed at State or National tourneys or Regional tournaments.

Even though your blouse might be the coolest, cutest, trendiest blouse since sliced bread, if it doesn't have a collar, you can't wear it. Collared shirts are required at these tournaments - and that's about 6 tournaments a year for me.

I do not feel comfortable in polo shirts. I just don't think I look best in them, and as we all know, it's most ideal to wear clothes we feel super comfortable in when we play pool.

If you are worried about your panty line, constantly pulling at your sleeves, your shoes keep getting untied, wondering if people can see down your shirt when you bend over, etc., then you are not thinking about the shot in front of you - your own clothes are distracting you.

So, since I don't feel comfy in polo's, I don't wear them.

However, it's still required at a lot of events to wear collared shirts.

What this means is, when I go clothes shopping, I lean toward collared shirts/blouses so I can wear them in almost every aspect of my life. Unless I come across a cannot-live-without-it top, I don't buy it.  I can wear collared shirts everywhere (work, weekly tourneys, state tournaments, nationals tournaments, movies, etc), so I might as wear save my money and buy shirts I can wear 100% of the time, instead of blouses I can only wear some of the time.

Lately, I've found some "dressy" sleeveless blouses.  That are collared.  What?!  Yep.  Collared!  :)

Here is one example (below while I'm trying to sing karaoke, lol) - you can't really see the collar, but this a collared shirt and I can wear it at all tourneys and also work. 


No comments: