Monday, February 4, 2013

Review: Mastering the Inner Game of Pool

I received an email a while back from David Krolick who said he wrote a small book on mental toughness. 

At first I was like, damn, I don't read a lot of books, but after I downloaded it, I saw it was only 22 pages (and that included the front and back pages).

My kind of book :)

I have been meaning to write this review for MANY months and I apologize in advance to David for taking so long. 

Honestly, I read it the second day I had it in my hot little hands.

I learned some good tips from the pages right away!  I have used some certain mental tips the last few months.  While some of the things he shares I have already experienced and know, there are tidbits that were new to me and I'm glad I read it.

I only have one complaint:  (and this is ironic), I wish it was longer!  It's chalk full of really fantastic mental advice and help that I wish it kept going and going!  He states suggestions clear and easy-to-read, and he could even elaborate on them.  But more so, I yearned for more because it was so helpful.

The biggest thing I got from his book was "The Subconscious Mind" section.  I'd like to share the specific secret I keep using in my matches, but will only do so in person if you ask me - otherwise, you'll have to get the book yourself either as an e-book or via Amazon on Kindle.


With the book being so short, I can't possibly even give up one tip.  No begging!

Thank you David for taking the time to write this mental toughness book for the players who want to improve their game!

-------------

Description of Mastering the Inner Game of Pool:  Thinking is fine for some things but can be a major distraction while trying to execute a pool shot. Baseball great, Yogi Berra put it this way: "You can't think and hit at the same time." The fact is that whenever you combine thinking and doing, the doing will always suffer.

Mastering the Inner Game of Pool will help you to solve this common dilemma. This small book will show you how to quiet your mind and allow the shot to happen unhampered by unnecessary thought.

1 comment:

Seasnake Steve said...

Hi, I just stumbled upon your blog and have found it very interesting.
I just finished reading The Inner Game of Tennis by James Galway to help with the mind games when I'm at the pool table.
I better get busy now and read the rest of your blog.
Cheers Steve from Austraila