Sunday, August 30, 2009

Fast Eddies Tour July 2009

I was ready to play some good pool this weekend but I didn't recognize nor realize that my recent bout with depression could/would affect my game.

Before the tourney, I arrived Friday night and drank with friends because the hotel was walking distance behind the pool hall. Of course, I felt the recourse the next day, LOL. The women don't start play til Sunday, so that is why I took advantage TWO nights before for a little relaxation. ;)

Me and Anita Vanderveer

The men's side of the Fast Eddie's Tour stop in Austin, Texas had 128 players!! It was awesome! The women's side had 31 players - not a bad turn out at all!

I had to play my dear friend Amanda Lampert first and I found myself not playing well, not being mentally strong, and even though it went hill-hill I missed a tough nineball I thought I played determined to make, but kind of wooffled it! lol. After the match, this was when I realized I wasn't mentally strong and we all know we need to be to play decent pool.

Then I played a new girl who almost beat me in the race to 5 - but her lack of experienced caused her to miss the 7ball when she was up 4-3 instead of sealing the win. I won the next two games to win the match.

Then I played a girl who was also new but had a little bit of a "funny" attitude. She would make weird comments that could be construed as rude but I didn't let it get to me. Instead, I let people who were on the slide lines get to me - that's that strong mental attitude not working! Ugh. I was playing well but made stupid mistakes late in the rack and she won.

I sheepishly and disappointingly drove my sad ass home with a friend of mine who didn't do well in the men's division either. :(

So, words to describe my tournament: disengaged and disappointed.

Til Next time...

No comments: