Thursday, March 26, 2009

I've Missed You!

I hadn't practiced by myself in a while. Having league two nights a week and being out of town on weekends and being a little lazy (I admit it) I hadn't been to the pool room to practice my conditioning in some time. I think this is another reason why I didn't fair so well in my Feb and March tourneys.

Anyway, I finally got enough sleep for two nights in a row and felt energized enough to go to the lovely Rusty's Billiards in Fort Worth to hit some balls last night. I walked in with my new Jim Buss, slipped on my ipod, grabbed some water, and started playing ten ball on the 9-foot table.

I worked on staying down, truly being aware of how my body feels to be still, and I worked on 3-ball shape. I was only there a little over an hour but it felt SO good!

I missed practicing!! It was a great feeling to hit balls by myself and work on conditioning. :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It's good to hear that you're back to practicing. I'm sure it will help you. I'd be interested in what you do for practice and why you picked those things.

Best of luck in your future tournaments.

Melinda said...

Thanks for the kind words!

And actually...I had planned on doing that - writing about my practice routine - and now maybe I will finally get around to doing it sooner rather than later since someone asked! :)