Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Aaahhh, the new Jim Buss Custom Cue has Arrived

Well, it finally arrived, and it took my breathe away! I designed this cue a couple of years ago, but the first version Jim made I didn't like the dark wood I chose nor the joint, so he had to start over. :( Yes, I am a tough customer!

This is my fourth* custom designed cue (*well, fifth design).

Here are the specs of the Jim Buss Custom Cue:
  • wrapless cue with curly maple for the handle
  • white butt cap
  • stainless steel joint
  • curly birds eye maple forearm
  • checkered rings
  • 12 3/4 shaft
  • 8 points. Long - outside in black white black veneer and bocote. Short - black veneer with white center.
  • For the butt sleeve - 4 diamonds to make a diamond. All Diamonds are white. Background of buttsleeve is bocote.
  • 18.5 weight.
And here is the photo of the cue (click on it to enlarge the photo):


It plays beautifully! I thought I would have a problem getting used to playing with a wrapless cue, but that is not the case! I am talking to Jim about maybe adding some weight to it, but it is a dream!! I love it!

2 comments:

Ann said...

saaa-wheat!!!

Samm said...

I love it! It's simple and beautiful! Can't wait to see it in person. Luv ya!