Thursday, August 1, 2013

Dress Code Violator

So, lol, I wrote about blog entry before I headed to BCAPL nationals about how when I shop for clothes that always look for collared blouses so I can wear them at the many pool events where a collar is required, and also so I can wear them at work.

I then bragged I found me some great sleeveless shirts! I was a happy camper :)

So, imagine my surprise when during my first singles match at the BCAPL Nationals on July 20th, after I run out BEAUTIFULLY, a ref approaches me to tell me I'm out of dress code.

Wait.

What?

He said sleeveless shirts aren't allowed and one of the other refs informed him of my rebelness.

I stood there in shock, and shared like a sad puppy, "But I brought like 6 new collared sleeveless shirts."  Like he gives a fvck lol.

He said my opponent would get a game.

Huh?

Even tho I was up 1-0, I didn't want to give up anything. I asked if there was any other option and he said since I hadn't had a break, I could take 5 minutes to go get a shirt somehow, if my opponent was okay with that.

Luckily, my opponent didn't object and I ran to the "Play Your Game" booth from my friend Frank and bought a shirt. While they didn't have my size in my color, I only had 5 minutes to run there and back.

I was SO upset after this.

I missed balls and was really struggling because of what happened.   I was flustered.  Agitated. Distracted with this new shirt that I didn't like, hot b/c my blouse is still underneath it, too.

I played like crap now, even though the first game I played beautifully.

I found myself down 2-1 when she missed an 8ball.  Whew.   I won that won but in a race to 4, that was a crucial.  I could have been down 3-1!

My b/f suggested I take off my blouse underneath my shirt and I did and could focus a little better.  I was still distracted but told myself to get it back together and stop being flustered about it.

I started to play better and luckily won 4-3. I am SO thankful I didn't give up that one game - I would have lost!!!

I was told I would be given a warning for this clothing infraction and if I wore something like it again I would be disqualified from the whole tournament. YIKES!

BTW, I suggested they add my banned outfit as an example to their "what not to wear" posters, because it wasn't on there for sure.  Only a female in a tank top was shown as an example:

(Click to Enlarge)

BTW, this is completely my fault.  I recall sleeveless blouses being allowed before but didn't read the dress code rules for this year and it CLEARLY states sleeveless shirts are not allowed.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dress codes are the last bastion of elitism and discrimination in our culture. I deplore them.