Friday, June 28, 2013

The Hill Hill Handshake

This is something I wish I would see more.  Hell, wish *I* would do more.

I only do this when my opponent initiates, so I should start initiating this more myself, but I really like it when the players shake hands when a crucial match goes hill-hill.

I saw Dylan Weinheimer, a GREAT player from the Fort Work, TX area, and Tony Sulsar, a FANTASTIC player from Sherman, TX, go hill-hill the first set of the finals of the Omega Billiards Tour last Sunday (June 23rd).  And before they started that final game of that first set, they shook hands. 

It was pure joy to see that!

I don't know who initiated it first, it just seemed to happen naturally with these two awesome guys.

Admiration from both players; both players respecting each others' game.  It was a true, generous, genuine moment and I wish I saw it more in our sport. 

Dylan

Tony



No comments: