Saturday, June 29, 2013

Envelopes

I'm having a few back issues and went to my back doctor earlier this week.  I hadn't been in a while, and had forgot how much my co-pay was.

I took out 2 twenties from my wallet, as I recalled the amount was somewhere in that area.

Turns out my co-pay was $35 because it was a speciality doctor.

I was the first patient that morning and sure enough, they didn't have change yet.  But, they could go in the back to the safe to get change.  Because I was running late for work, I told them I would see if I had the exact 35 dollars to save a lot of time.

However, after I looked in my wallet, I see I only had a few one dollar bills and those 2 twenty dollar bills.

BUT!

I remembered I had my envelopes in my purse from my women's league payouts. 


I take out one of the envelopes and start to open it in front of the two ladies at the front desk.  They look at me real funny, like, "Why does she have money in an envelope?"  lol

Of course the first envelope didn't have any denominations less than a $20, so I pulled out another envelope and started to open that one in front of the ladies, too.

I finally offer, "I play pool in a league and we got paid at our award ceremony last week."

The two ladies still looked at me funny; I don't think it sunk in what I really said, lol.

Luckily the second envelope had the denominations I needed to make $15 (plus the other $20 I have) to make exact change for the $35 copay. 

I gave the Janette exact change and go on my merry way, kinda laughing to myself at the look on their faces that I was taking cash out of envelopes, lol.


No comments: