Monday, August 20, 2012

My View of the Score

I think I've mentioned this before, but I want to share this tidbit again that has helped me. 

Last weekend I told someone they only have three more games to go and then the person responded, deflated, "But they have six, and are on the hill."

I was taken aback.

And surprised by the comment.

As I just don't think that way anymore.

I am aware of the score, obviously, but I more so care about how many games I need, more than how many games they have.

When I break, and I am completely focused, I even say to myself how many more games I need.  So, imagine myself breaking hard, saying in my head "Only two more games."  It really pumps me up and keeps me focused on what I need to do.

I really try hard not to think about their score.  I don't want to ease up if I'm ahead nor feel unadded pressure if I'm way behind.

Go ahead and try this simple technique.  Every time you win a game, tell yourself how many more you have to win.

I speak to myself very positive and confidently, "Two more games, Melinda."

Try it; you'll like it.  ;)

No comments: