Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Bantering at League

I went to a league match on Monday night to watch my b/f play in his new league.  I know most of the guys on his team, but one guy I just recently met (Big Billy) and two more I hadn't hung out with before.  Turns out they are a pretty lively group of guys.  So, even though I was kinda a newbie, they made me feel right at home by joking with me and being funny. 

Two of the five teammates are super quiet and the other three (including my b/f) are really funny.  I noticed right away they bantered with each other and they would playfully make fun of each other.  We laughed a lot!

I helped them out by taking score and sat there with a few beers and laughed for a couple of hours along side them.


At one point, the other team subbed a guy in, named Luiz.  He lived life to the fullest, smiling a lot, high-fiving and yelling out after great shots for not just his own teammates but his opponents, as well.  He made quite an impression on all of us.

Our team was winning 9-0 (it's a real strong team) and my b/f had to play Luiz.  Btw, Luiz has only one arm.  He also didn't have his own cue and used a house cue.

As my b/f is running out, one of the balls skids on him and Luiz gets to the table with a tough 4 ball out in front of him.

As Luiz is taking his time one shot at a time, one handed, one of the funny guys on our team (Big Billy) leans over and tells me, "If your b/f loses this game, I'm gonna give him a lot of $hit."

I giggled to myself, thinking my b/f would get a kick out of it because they all take $hit from each other. 

So Luiz continues his tough run and gets out.  After Luiz wins, he's yelling and shouting and high fiving my b/f (even gave him a hug, lol). 

And I'm sitting there ready for the banter!  I'm ready to hear Big Billy's funny remarks to my b/f!

Well, BB doesn't say any thing to him. 

Hmmm. 

So I piped up and get bold and say to him, "I can't believe you lost to a guy who plays with a house cue."

"Shut up" he says quickly to me as we both laugh.

I hoped that would allow BB to pipe up next.  But, he didn't!

Then I felt a little funny, bantering all alone, lol.

After a few games, BB sat next to me and I asked him, "um, I thought you were going to pick on him for losing?"

He quickly replies, "I can't do that yet.  I haven't played Luiz.  If I make fun of him now, and then I lose, he's going to give it back to me worse!"  LMAO.

Good point!

LOL!

They are smart banterers!

No comments: